The public is informed that the Consular Section of the Philippine Embassy in Jakarta continues to accept consular transactions from Monday – Friday (except declared Philippine and Indonesian holidays) following a shortened schedule due to the prevailing Covid-19 health protocols, as follows:
Filing and Submission: 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Releasing : 12:30 PM – 2:00 PM
The consular section continues to process all usual transactions which include:
- Passport renewal and/or extension of validity. (Passport validity extension is only allowed once, and can only be availed of during this Covid-19 pandemic period. Details on how to apply for passport validity extension are posted in this link.)
- Travel Document for emergency travel to the Philippines.
- Civil registration transactions and reporting (e.g. Report of Birth, Report of Marriage, Report of Death, Marriage License applications and Solemnization of Marriage)
- Notarial and legalization services
- Authentication of foreign documents legalized by the Indonesian MFA (KEMLU) intended for use in the Philippines
- Certificates, including for Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage
- Fingerprint impression-taking for filing NBI Clearance certificate
- Re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship
- Registration of overseas voters
- Visa application limited to foreign passport holders who fall within the following categories:
(a) Diplomats and members of International Organizations + qualified dependents (Requirements)
(b) Foreign nationals involved in medical repatriation
(c) Foreign seafarers / seaman travelling to the Philippines as part of vessel crew change (Requirements)
(d) Foreign parent(s), foreign spouse, foreign children of Filipino nationals (Requirements)
(e) Emergency, humanitarian and other analogous cases with approval by the Philippine National Task Force on Covid-19.
Foreign nationals not belonging to the above-cited categories cannot be accommodated for visa applications under the prevailing temporary travel ban and suspension of visa issuance from 22 March - 21 April 2021.
Detailed information about our consular services, documentary requirements, schedule of fees and procedures for specific transactions are published in this web site for the public’s information and guidance.
For inquiries on consular matters where the information cannot be obtained from the official web site, clients can send an email to jakartaconsular(at)yahoo.com and we shall respond to you as soon as we can.
REMINDER: Clients are expected to wear a face mask at all times within the premises of the embassy, follow guidelines and practice social distancing when transacting at the Consular Section. Thank you for your kind understanding.